Bob MacCallum wrote:
> Thanks for this.
>
> Just for the record, I have never used the -server option and had no problems
> (I first used BASE 2.1.1)
>
> To be honest, I don't know if I would recognise a problem involving
> "proxy objects needing to be initialized from the database"
> http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/99
> Was it a very obvious error?

That statement is very short summary of the information in
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1293

The source of the error was not not very obvious to the Hibernate
developers either. It seemed to be related to issues in some but not all
versions of the JVM. Some developers seemed to think it could be a
problem originating from the Linux kernel. I don't know if they ever
really found out.

At least adding the '-server' option made it go away and it was easy to
see if you were affected by it since you would have got the
'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: getHibernateLazyInitializer' error.

> Also, the link to #99 is broken on
> http://base.thep.lu.se/chrome/site/latest/html/admindoc/installation_upgrade/installation_upgrade.installation.html

Ok, thanks. Anyway it seems like the Hibernate developers has fixed this
issue, so maybe we should just remove the note from the documentation.

> I think the ticket to fix this should be #999 :-)

Almost there...

/Nicklas