Hi Charles,

I downloaded those.

I'm starting fresh here this morning downloading the
http://files.basex.org/releases/7.3/BaseX73.zip which I unzip in a folder,
launch the gui and create a db with 3 xml files, close the gui and launch
the server

Secondly I downloaded the http://xqj.net/basex/basex-xqj-1.2.3.zip and I've
unzipped the 3 required jars into /opt/Oxygen XML Editor 14/lib/ and start
oxygen

 I configure the basex data source in oxygen and run an xquery. The first
error message I get is
E [BaseX] Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory not found.

I resolve this error by downloading
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/woodstox/woodstox-core-asl/4.1.4/woodstox-core-asl-4.1.4.jarinto
/opt/Oxygen XML Editor 14/lib/  folder and run the xquery again and
get the following error

Engine name: BaseX
Severity: error

I run again not changing anything and get the error
Engine name: BaseX
Severity: error

Oddly I restart oxygen run again and get the message that:
E [BaseX] XQuery API for Java(XQJ) libraries are not present in
file:/opt/Oxygen XML Editor 14/lib/ directory. Please check the XQuery
section from the user manual for instructions.

And yet they are there in the folder and listed in the data source as
follows
file:/opt/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor%2014/lib/basex-xqj-1.2.3.jar
file:/opt/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor%2014/lib/xqj-api-1.0.jar
file:/opt/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor%2014/lib/xqj2-0.1.0.jar

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks
Alex

--
-

Alex G. Muir
Software Engineering Consultant
Linkedin Profile : http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/alex-muir/36/ab7/125
Love African Kora Music? Take a moment to listen to Gambia's - Amadu
Diabarte & Jali Bakary Konteh www.bafila.bandcamp.com Your support keeps
Africa's griot tradition alive... Cheers!