On 11 January 2014 17:02, Christian Grün wrote:

> @Florent: I’m not quite sure how to properly handle the input linked
> by @src, which is why I have sent you another e-mail via the expath
> mailing list. This is what I currently do [3].

  I am going to have a look at your email on the EXPath mailing list,
but I already had a quick look at the code.  Unfortunately, I do not
understand all the details (e.g. I do not know the class IOUrl).

  The idea of the @src attribute is that if the source of the body is
on the filesystem, there is no point to buffer it in memory, parse it
(if it is XML for instance, but even for text you have to decode the
encoding), then serialise it again.  The serialisation already exists,
and it is possible to stream it straight to the HTTP layer (hopefully,
depending on the library used, it should be possible to plug the
library straight to the file).

  Of course, if the description claims that the file is, say, text in
UTF-8, then it has to be, or the request is malformed.

  But there is maybe a specific issue I do not see?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/