Some time ago, Charles Foster had the idea that all bound variables
should be added to the stack trace whenever an error occurs [1]; would
that be helpful? Before implementing this, however, we would need to
think of various issues related to performance (try/catch statements
will get slower when variables are bound to the stack every time;
large XML snippets that will not be garbage-colected when being bound
to an error; database references are not available anymore when an
error is raised, etc.).

[1] https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues/831