Hi,

I like Debian very much. The package management is one of the best and most to all of the packages I use are well enough maintained and work and update as expected when using the buster-backports repository. It pains me to read, not for the first time, that the Debian BaseX package seems to be on a kind of less maintained base than the files downloadable at basex.org and no one cares about updates or better backports. Pure unmodified Debian stable has a tendency of aging. But may be some people develop their code exclusivly for Debian 10 stable packages. That is a valid approach. I have no clue if there is any list of packages activly maintained during the Debian stable lifecycle. I guess not. Ubuntu has such a list and a tool to check the setup for the maintenance state for each package. The ubuntu list of mnaintained packages is surprisingly short if you look at the over all huge number of packages available. For me this is less about the well maintained vanilla distribution of BaseX, which I use with any JDK on any OS, including Debian 10, then with the BaseX Debian package 9.0.1+ds-1 that is not part of the regular release process of basex.org and so outdated and furthermore created in a manner that is especially hard to understand and maintain seperately from the rest of Debian. Maybe I am wrong, but is the current maintainer of the Debian packages actually on this list? It seems to me we get error reports here which are totally lost on the person who might do something about the problems.

Best regards
Omar Siam