On May 4, 2015 09:59:30 PM Gleb Baryshev wrote:
> 03.05.2015 19:55, Robert Charbonneau wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gleb,
> >
> > I'm certainly interested in assisting to finish the port.  Syncing up with
> > the current library versions seems like the obvious first step.  A few
> > things about me:
> >
> > - Software developer for 21 years, mostly web (Java/C#/PHP/RoR) but did
> > some work in the early 2000s in C++/C making standalone build tools and
> > binaries for an enterprise solution.
> > - Knowledge of Qt probably isn't optimal to be relied heavily upon, but I
> > have a strong desire to learn.  I'm very interested in giving back to the
> > KDE community that has provided me with a desktop environment for more than
> > 15 years.
> > - I use Basket on a daily basis to organize my research plans for projects,
> > to organize myself (not an easy thing to do) and to keep track of
> > development dependencies in my own projects.
> >
> > I have cloned the branch on Github but I was having a hard time getting it
> > to build using QtCreator; quazip headers were not in the include path.  Any
> > idea on how to resolve this?  Once I can get it built, it's likely that
> > I'll be fixing bugs in the current port prior to lending assistance with
> > the remainder of the move to Qt5 as I believe that will provide the best
> > experience to start.
> >
> > Let me know if you believe I can be useful to you given my experience and
> > I'll be able to put roughly 15 - 20 hours of work per week on this project
> > until it's stable.
> >
> > I look forward to working with you!
> >

> Good to know you!
>
> Regarding the build: quazip dependency is used in pure-Qt5 port made by
> Keelan. I'm still relying on KDE libs in my port, you can check it out
> by e.g. 'git clone --branch=kde5port
> https://github.com/basket-notepads/basket.git'. You'll need KF5 devel
> packages, including Extra Cmake Modules (ECM). Let me know if you have
> troubles with cmake - it may be not very smooth compilation yet.
>
> The approach I'm using is to install Basket in the system first, but
> then debug locally compiled ./basket binary. (one should remember though
> that libbasketcommon.so and kcm_basket.so stay in /usr/lib - and update
> them when changing corresponding code)
>
> Once you have it in compilable state, just try to hack some part and see
> how it works out for you.
>
> Regards,
> Gleb

Hi Gleb,

I managed to get through the CMakeLists.txt deps without too much trouble;
however, the Git integration is causing some issues, see the following output
from make:

[ 70%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/basket.dir/application.cpp.o
/home/etriaph/Projects/CPP/basket/src/application.cpp: In constructor
‘Application::Application(int&, char**)’:
/home/etriaph/Projects/CPP/basket/src/application.cpp:55:26: error:
‘git_threads_init’ was not declared in this scope
         git_threads_init();
                          ^
/home/etriaph/Projects/CPP/basket/src/application.cpp: In destructor ‘virtual
Application::~Application()’:
/home/etriaph/Projects/CPP/basket/src/application.cpp:62:30: error:
‘git_threads_shutdown’ was not declared in this scope
         git_threads_shutdown();
                              ^
src/CMakeFiles/basket.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target
'src/CMakeFiles/basket.dir/application.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/basket.dir/application.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:179: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/basket.dir/all'
failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/basket.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did a bit of reading and found the following:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27998122/libgit2-and-qt-error[1]

I tried adding git_libgit2_init(); prior to your call to git_threads_init() in
Application::Application() but I still get this error.  Is there a reason for
trying to wrap Git on its own instead of using libqgit2 (
https://github.com/lgiordani/libqgit2[2] )?  Any assistance you can provide
would be helpful!

Cheers,
RPC