I'm using
  "This is VM 6.71."
and
  "BBDB version 2.2 ($Date: 2000/09/08 15:10:03 $)"
in
  Xemacs 21.1.

I've been using bbdb for a *long* time, and recently clawed my way up
to bbdb2.2 so that I could sync. with my palm.

vm support seems to be broken for me now though.  Whenever I use ":"
to show a person's record, all I get is "unperson".  I've traced
through the lisp a bit, and I have feeling that there's something
funny going on when pulling the named/keys from the message, such that
nothing in the db matches.

I've tried a bunch of configuration variables, here's where I'm
sitting at the moment.

(setq bbdb-load-hook '(lambda ()
;                      (setq bbdb-use-pop-up nil)
                       (setq bbdb-change-hook 'bbdb-timestamp-hook)
                       (setq bbdb-completion-type 'nil)))

(setq bbdb/mail-auto-create-p t)

Before I sink any more cycles into this, I thought I'd ask if this is
a Well Known Problem with a suggested solution?

g.