Jamie Zawinski ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on October 4:
> Cengiz Alaettinoglu wrote:
> >
> > P.S. IMHO, I think bbdb is missing a lisp function when passed an
> > alist like ((name . "Foo") (net . "foo@bar") ...) would create/update
> > the corresponding bbdb record.
>
> That's what bbdb-create-internal is for.

bbdb-create-internal: a compiled Lisp function.
NAME is a string, the name of the person to add.  An error is signalled
 if that name is already in use.

It does not update the record if the record is in the database,
instead it signals an error.  Is there a bbdb-update-internal? If
there is I guess I have to catch the error signalled by
bbdb-create-internal and call that function?

Cengiz

                               |  Systems Design and Analysis Group
      Cengiz Alaettinoglu      |  Department of Computer Science
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  University of Maryland