Cedric Beust wrote:

>       1- BBDB stores its base in one huge file (mine has 178 entries but I
>       suppose some people must have even bigger .bbdb's)

2504...

> [I really hope I didn't miss the group alias feature in BBDB's doc :-)]

Mail Sending Interfaces
-----------------------

[ ... ]

   If you are using my `mail-abbrevs.el' package, which uses the
word-abbrev mechanism for mail aliases, then you can store your mail
aliases in the BBDB instead of duplicating the information elsewhere.

   If you want a mail alias to be defined for a person, simply add a
`mail-alias' field to their record.  You may have multiple aliases for
the same person; simply separate them with commas.

   If more than one person has the same mail-alias, then that alias
expands to the addresses of all of those people; in this way you can
maintain mailing lists within the BBDB.

   To actually define the aliases which are stored in the BBDB, call
the function `bbdb-define-all-aliases' from your `mail-setup-hook'.
This will search the database, and call `define-mail-alias' to define
each of the resulting aliases.