You are IN DENIAL.  ALL of you.

2500 entries?  You need to be CONFRONTED with your behavior.  I, too,
was in denial and I have seen the light, and I am RECOVERING.  So you
must be in denial also.

I acknowledge that I have lost control over my BBDB.  I acknowledge
that a higher power, the net, has control over my BBDB.  I used to be
a 1500-entry BBDB user, and now I am down to 1200.  With perseverance
and a little help from you my soon-to-be-recovering friends, I hope to
be down to 800.  500 would be Paradise, but we will take this one day
at a time (or is that 12 steps at a time?).

I hope for the serenity to accept those things I can't change,
but I also hope for:

        A WAY OF SORTING MY BLOODY BBDB BY SIZE, DATES, AND NOTES
                FIELDS SO I CAN AT LEAST CUT OUT THE EXTREMES
                MANUALLY.

        A MUCH FASTER BBDB SO THAT I CAN HANDLE ITS INSIDIOUS GROWTH
                WITHOUT EMPLOYING A CM-5 TO RUN IT.

        A WAY OF USING AND SYNCHRONIZING MULTIPLE BBDB'S SO THAT I
                DON'T HAVE TO LOAD SOME OF THE ENTRIES ALL OF THE
                TIME.  (where is that DARPA grant when you need it?)

I used to use BBDB to run a large mailing list, but I am now
recovering, and I hope to replace BBDB with something else for it.

(I'll take a Valium if you say so, which I suspect you will, Jamie.
At least it would be less insidious :-).)

(With apologies, no ill-will intended whatsoever, to AA etc.)