>> I have a correspondent whose 'From' is this:
>> From: 11-Feb-1994 0724 -0700 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Colin> The easiest thing to do (without changing source) is to name him
Colin> yourself, and then let BBDB use "Feb" as an AKA.  I do that for all
Colin> the people whose From: fields are screwed up (though I don't know
Colin> anyone whose From: is that ugly).

Yes, he has an AKA now so every time his name comes up I don't get nagging
messages.

Jack> This "From:" line strikes me as utterly bizzarre; why does this person
Jack> do this strange thing?  Is there, perhaps, some mail system or
Jack> inter-system gateway that does this routinely?  Do you consider it a
Jack> BBDB bug that it does not plan for this?  Was there some way you
Jack> thought BBDB ought to deal more effectively with this?

He's apparently on a VAX/VMS system.  In addition, it's gated to the
HOMESAT-L list via a listserver.  Who knows why it (they) does this to the
poor guy's 'From' line?

I don't know of a way for BBDB to deal with this other than using AKA.  I
thought that perhaps others had encountered similar headers (this does
come from DEC, after all) and already dealt with it.

Thanks for all your responses.
--
Mike Northam, Shorter Software Solutions, on contract to Intel Corp.
(h) (503) 324-1831 (o) (503) 696-2356   123 11' 40" W   45 37' 14" N