Many users of mail on VMS overload the From: field because the VMS
mail system doesn't know about headers other than From: and Subject:.
Why they put the date in, I don't know.  Some people put cute
sayings in their From (may more just try to be cute).

It annoys the heck out of me.  I don't use VMS, though.

Win Treese                                              Cambridge Research Lab
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      Digital Equipment Corp.
Not only is all human knowledge on USENET, it's typed in every two weeks.