"Arne Jørgensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >From time to time I receive mails from people who have not configured
> a real name in their MUA. The result is a ugly summary-buffer containg
> lines with things like [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ] and then I have to
> guess/remember (same thing) who [EMAIL PROTECTED] is.
>
> Have could I have BBDB/Gnus rewrite that line and put in his real name
> from the BBDB? Persons with well-configured MUAs should not be
> affected.

Start digging at `bbdb/gnus-summary-prefer-real-names'.

I just upgraded and started using the new BBDb, and configured the
feature you wanted:  You have to change the "%a"
gnus-summary-line-format to "%uB", so I've got the following in my
.gnus:

        (setq  gnus-summary-line-format "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-24,24uB%]%) %s\n")
        (require 'bbdb)
        (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'w3)

where "%-24,24uB" is the magic part.  I don't think any function is
provided that does this automagically.

> I have had a look in info page, but ... i was too stupid to figure it
> out.

C-h i g (bbdb.info)Gnus Summary Buffer RET

        Affi