Alf-Ivar Holm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Start digging at `bbdb/gnus-summary-prefer-real-names'.
>
> I just upgraded and started using the new BBDb, and configured the
> feature you wanted:  You have to change the "%a"
> gnus-summary-line-format to "%uB", so I've got the following in my
> .gnus:
>
>         (setq  gnus-summary-line-format "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-24,24uB%]%) %s\n")
>         (require 'bbdb)
>         (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'w3)
>
> where "%-24,24uB" is the magic part.  I don't think any function is
> provided that does this automagically.

Not exactly. Because if I receive a mail with the header

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The TeX junkie)

I don't want to have the real name rewritten to "Arne Jørgensen"
(because this is how it appears in the BBDB). I _only_ want to rewrite
the summary buffer when there is _no_ real name in the from-line.

Thank you anyway.

        /arne
--
stud. scient. Arne Jørgensen