"Arne Jørgensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Not exactly. Because if I receive a mail with the header
>
>         From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The TeX junkie)
>
> I don't want to have the real name rewritten to "Arne Jørgensen"
> (because this is how it appears in the BBDB). I _only_ want to rewrite
> the summary buffer when there is _no_ real name in the from-line.

Right.  No, sorry, can't help you there, even though I found the
variable `bbdb/gnus-summary-show-bbdb-names' in bbdb-gnus.el, but it
is not documented in the Info pages, even though the name gives me the
assumption that it might help you.  Well, you could make a variant of
`bbdb/gnus-summary-get-author', from bbdb-gnus.el, that uses your
logic.

        Affi