Robert Fenk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 6 2001 16:38:12, Michael Hanke wrote:
> > when I read an article of a known poster, I'd like a
> > elided bbdb buffer to pop up (this works of course)
> > with the 'notes' field near the top of the buffer
> > (this doesn't work).
> > The variable descriptions say 'notes' have a low weight anyway, but
> > that doesn't seem to affect my elided display.
> What variable do you speak of?

<>
bbdb-notes-sort-order

If a note is not  in the alist, it is  assigned weight 100, so all notes
with weights less then 100 will be in  the beginning, and all notes with
weights more than 100 will be in the end."
<>

Different settings of this have no impact on the record displayed for me.

> > Still I'd like to have full bbdb records displayed when
> > issuing `M-x bbdb RET REGEXP RET'.
> O.k. I'm tiered at them moment, so I might have
> misunderstood something.

Sorry, if I expressed myself not clear enough. While using Gnus I'd like
the bbdb record, that pops up when reading articles
of known posters, to consist of only specific fields, like /notes/ ,
/last-subj/ etc. Because the usual pop up window height is 7 lines one
couldn't see all fields at once anyway.
Also I'd like it best to have the 'notes' field in the upper lines.

In all other cases I want bbdb to behave as usual.

The variable bbdb-pop-up-elided-display-fields claims
to fulfill such needs, but does nothing in my setup.

> Could you try the following version of the function bbdb.

Thank you, that worked, though it wasn't quite what I wanted.

--
Michael                                            _o