[developer question, stop here if you're not familiar with bbdb internals!]
Anyone know offhand what I break by taking the company name out of
BBDB's hashtable? I can find one instance of setting it, and get-hash
calls that read it are only used to tell you you've got a duplicate -
which is wrong; A user named "Foo" and someone belonging to company
"Foo" are two distinct things. The reason I ask is that it's currently
causing BBDB to display the wrong record for me. It also seems to be
the Wrong Thing in that many records can have a company name, but only
one will actually end up in the hashtable, so there's no real
practical use for it other than to say "do we have this company?".

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

I really need to reinstate the witty comments, dammit.