Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Not trying to be rude about it, but you need to read the manual for
> info. This is all pretty basic stuff about how info works.

Okay I will. Ah, yet another week every night after work reading
documentation. Can't tell you how many weeks already I've spent doing
this. I'm new to the *nix world, can you tell?

> The short answer to your question is that you don't need to create a
> 'dir' entry. Info does not under any circumstances use the PATH
> variable. Info /does/ use INFOPATH and, within emacs,

Okay, then how does the 'info' program from the command-line find the
/usr/share/info/dir file? When I do 'echo $INFOPATH' it's
empty. Nothing there.

> Yes, the build documentaion should perhaps give exact details on
> this element of installation, but that's beside the point.

Maybe it would be helpful if the build simply performed everything
necessary to install bbdb for the user?

--
Steve Connet        [EMAIL PROTECTED]