Hi, I'm a new *nix user and would like to use bbdb with emacs. I
compiled BBDB and can type ESC x bbdb and it seems to load.
But can't seem to get the info node for it so I can learn how to use
it.

The INSTALL file says:

 iii) Add the tex subdirectory to the TeX
                  search path (can be done by adding the complete path
                  to the tex subdirectory to the environment variable
                  TEXINPUTS)
 iv)  Add the texinfo directory to the Info search path.

I'm not sure how to do this. So just going off intuition I put the
following lines in my .bash_profile file:

TEXINPUTS=$TEXINPUTS:$HOME/bbdb-2.2/tex
INFOPATH=$INFOPATH:$HOME/bbdb-2.2/texinfo

However, now my 'man' and 'info' commands no longer work. Can someone
explain how to properly perform steps 3 and 4 as stated above from the
INSTALL file?

--
Steve Connet        [EMAIL PROTECTED]