On March 19, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > I hate to sing the same song over and over, but this has been covered
> > here on the list and is mentioned, albeit obliquely, on the
> > website.
>
> Very oblique indeed...

I've updated the INSTALL file to include instructions on running from
CVS and running uncompiled. Both are marked as NOT RECOMMENDED, FWIW.

> after a CVS update.  But distclean does not (and probably should not)
> delete lisp/bbdb-autoloads.el and somehow this file was newer than the
> *.el files.  I've changed distclean into cvsclean now.

This is me following my doctrine of not preserving autogenerated
files. There aren't many things I stick to rigidly, but this is one of
them. The whole point of a `distclean' target is `clean this tree down
to what you'd get from a distribution', meaning no
bbdb-autoloads.el. cvsclean is a bit more poorly defined, since it was
something I put in for, um, tarball autogeneration or something, I
think.

Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

I really need to reinstate the witty comments, dammit.