On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Ronan Waide wrote:

[...]

> 2. It convert's Kai's nice ß into 'ss' for no good reason. I'm
>    guessing that this is buried somewhere in mail-extr. If I can't
>    switch this 'feature' off, I'll be quite upset.

IIRC, `ß' becomes `ss' when you change it's case. Granted, my German is
rusty and was never that good, but are you sure it's not a feature of an
attempt to fix mixed case names or something?

        Daniel

--
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be