On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Ronan Waide wrote:
> On July 9, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>>
>> Of course, /I/ don't hold with frobbing mixed case names into a
>> different set of case, being as that breaks the choices of the
>> sender. I would only support frobbing when a name is ALLCAPS. :)
>
> I'd agree with that, actually. Except I also support a user sending
> their name in all caps. If that's how they want to do it, let
> 'em. They'll learn, sooner or later...

I have more sympathy than you do, I guess. It comes from having friends
who don't get a choice about their mail client[1] -- where said mail
client is incapable of following a standard to save it's life.

I don't mind if people want to use all-caps in their name. It's just
that I never met anyone who *chose* to do it that way. :)

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Yay, server software without open standards.

--
The effect of boredom on a large scale in history is underestimated.
It is a main cause of revolutions, and would soon bring to an end all