According to Kai:

> Having two branches takes a lot of work.  I wanted to do that (for
> another project) a while ago, but gave up, basically.
>
> kai

I thought about it; I thought about patching 2.32 to fix the problem in
bbdb-search-simple and making that a new release, but yeah, it takes a lot
of work. As it stands, I'm working on BBDB when I can. I don't believe
current development work has been "hasty" - quite the opposite, in fact, as
occasionally weeks have gone by without changes in the code. Patrick, by all
means feel free to go ahead and create your own BBDB; however, I'd much
prefer if you contributed fixes or changes to the current codebase. The
original intention of the code layout was that you only used as much as
was appropriate to your setup, and I'm trying to coerce things back in
that direction. But, I am constrained by time, and also by the fact that
BBDB cannot be all things to all people, so I gotta make choices somewhere.
If you have a specific beef with some feature or another, then please limit
your complaints to that rather than complaining about the codebase in
general, as that's unhelpful and simply makes us developer folk feel
unappreciated.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Chances are I'm not at home right now.