Hi,

I am having some problems causing gnus not to parse phone numbers in
an american style even though I have:

(require 'bbdb)
(setq bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p nil)

;; the rest of the bbdb config follows in .gnus

... in my .xemacs/init.el

In addition I am setting bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p again to
nil in .gnus after initializing bbdb to work with gnus.

I looked at the elisp code in bbdb-com.el (which I as a non-elisp
programmer don't quite understand) and read a comment that this
variable should turn parsing off.

Instead when I try to enter phone numbers that are not at least 10
digits bbdb complains that it can't parse the phone number.

When/where do I have to set this variable?

I am having a similar problem with the tone dial feature of BBDB,
which I haven't manage to configure even though I have set all
relevant variables.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Jan