On Thu, 03 Jan 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I would also like a functionality to group some addresses
> together.  It would be nice if an address could be in more than
> one group.

This sounds alot like the mail-alias field.

> I think this could be implemented with an extra field called
> category or group. This field should hold a list of the groups
> this address belongs to.

I use the exact field you mentioned called category to group
addresses and then use the notes searching function, `S o' to get
all the records linked to a certain group in the BBDB buffer.
This isn't anything special, but I use this notes field as a comma-delimited
way to define groupings.  I then can at least tag an email
address in more than one grouping.

The thing I would like is to be able to define the category's
values as a lookup.  C-o category [space] would bring up
completion of the categories I have already defined.  Right now I
have to use M-/ to make sure I don't misspell the category for a
specific address and then lose it from that category.

--
Galen deForest Boyer