On January 12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> What's the best solution for library writers then?  Do you know
> of any code examples where this is handled well?

I think the right way to go about this, and certainly the way I intend
pushing the BBDB source, is to firstly centralise all the versioning
nonsense, secondly to use either macros or fset as appropriate for the
undefined functions, and thirdly to name the macros/fsets with a bbdb-
prefix. Thus instead of building our own replace-in-string, it becomes
bbdb-replace-in-string and has appropriate support either through
fset, a function, or a macro to do the actual replace-in-string work.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"It's a horrible thing to watch, almost like watching an infant tottering
 toward a porcupine." - Kyle Jones on MIS people writing C