On January 16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> How same is "same"?  I mean, you could write the compiler's version
> string into a variable and compare for equality, but that seems a bit
> extreme.

By same I mean that the same features are available. I really don't
know how generous this is, so practically speaking by same I mean
exactly the same. i.e. if you want an Emacs 21 BBDB, you compile with
Emacs 21. If you subsequently want an XEmacs BBDB, you recompile with
that XEmacs.

Anyway. I've had a minor mishap with my hacking environment, and am
currently reduced to 8-bit colour on a 640x480 X desktop. Despite this
(cue heroic music) I will endeavour to complete my pre-BBDB-2.34
testing this evening, and kick out the new release. If you've got any
showstopper bugs in your list of complaints, now would be a good time
to mention them.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"/* Humans please note: you should not try to generate your children with
    a fork. */" - Antti Vähä-Sipilä