>> Yes this is the behavior I'm looking for... But when I send my mail with the
>> usual C-c C-c, all I see in the minibuffer is an ascii arrow -> and no
>> prompt. The bbdb buffer pops at the bottom of the current frame with

> What happens if you read a mail from someone not in your DB, and press
> `:' ?

A prompt... A nice one. With a question mark.

> Try this also, is the message you are composing.
>  M-: (bbdb-annotate-message-sender "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" t t t )
> This should add [EMAIL PROTECTED] in your db, and prompt first.

It does.

> My functions do not contain  really complicated material. It is mainly
> a wrapper arround `bbdb-annotate-message-sender', which is the one who
> should prompt. It it does not, it's not my fault ;-)

I do not mean it's your fault ;-). But when I will send your message it will
not prompt me. In fact, as far as I can tell, it's as if it does not see the
variable bbdb/send-prompt-for-create-p. Is it possible (I've been looking at
the changelog of your lisp code) that this variable is the combination of
bbdb/send-prompt-for-create-p and bbdb/prompt-for-create-p ??? Because the
latter is nil for me...

Let me see what happen if I set it to t... It is working. I get the prompt if
both values are true. Is it made that way ?

--
Jerome