Once upon a time, I suggested to include a coding cookie in ~/.bbdb
so that Emacs knows how to read the file.  I vaguely recall that some
XEmacs expert said that XEmacs doesn't heed such cookies.

But now I did an experiment: I started XEmacs and opened a file with

    -*- coding: iso-8859-2; -*-

in the first line, and lo! it was opened as such instead of the
default encoding.

So what do you think about having BBDB include such a coding cookie
in the file, so that Emacs later on knows how to open the file?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)