Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> And finally, since I'm in a chatty mood: I'm sorry about the recent
> flood of spam on the list, but I'm still retaining the open list
> policy for the same reasons as previously - any hurdle toward a new
> user getting help (i.e. you must subscribe before you can ask a
> question) is a bad thing. I've asked SourceForge about improved spam
> filtering which they've been promising for a while now, but my
> request is still in the queue. I may move the list (again) to
> somewhere that provides proper filtering if the situation doesn't
> improve.

I read this list (and a great many other lists) using news.gmane.org.
It's a mail to news gateway that has a number of very useful features
including spam filtering.  This is not, perhaps, the final solution to
the spam problem, but it works pretty well for those who'd rather us
NNTP anyway.

Jon
--
  By wisdom a house is built,
    and through understanding it is established;