On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:47:29 +0200 Reiner Steib wrote:

Reiner> On Mon, Jun 16 2003, Hanak David wrote:

>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Reiner Steib  wrote:
>>> (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'w3)

I think that is the preferred way (nowadays)...

>> makes adding these lines superfluous:
Reiner> [...]
>>> (add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus)

Reiner> I thought about this, too.  Unfortunately, the manual isn't clear (or
Reiner> I didn't read carefully) about which one should be preferred.  Both
Reiner> are mentioned: (info "(bbdb)Initial Configuration")

This page refers to the following one you cited with
,----
| Manual initialization
|
|    If your initialization needs exceed those provided by
| `bbdb-initialize', refer to the following sections for a description of
| the procedures necessary for enabling BBDB support for the packages
| listed above.
`----

But as I remember the "insinuate's" are more there for historical reasons?

Greetings,
Jochen
--
FOM-Institute for Plasma Physics "Rijnhuizen" + Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG
Postbus 1207                                                  Faradayweg 4-6

phone: +31-30-6096756                                        +49-30-84135686
fax: +31-30-6031204                                      GnuPG key: CC1B0B4D