On Mon, 02 Aug 2004, Uwe Brauer said:
> On 2 Aug 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>> With the rise of the spam plague, I've been finding it difficult to
>> figure out how to configure BBDB's auto-address snarfing.
>>
>> My problem is the following: if I use bbdb-ignore-most-messages,
>> then I get practically nothing.  But if I use
>> bbdb-ignore-some-messages, I end up with a BBDB clogged with
>> spammers and with the bogon email addresses they send to....
>
> I use bbdb-expire which deletes
> 1. Not used bbdb address after a period of your choice,
> 2. Allows you to add to each entry a persistent field, which protects
>   it from the automatic deletion.

bbdb-expire 1.7 includes a `bbdb-expire-record-single-hit-p' predicate
you can stick on the `bbdb-expire-expiry-functions' list to do exactly
what was asked (expiring things that are only hit once sooner than
things that are hit repeatedly).

It's not on the expiry-functions list by default: it seems useful
enough that I might change that in the next release.

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing