Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Nope. Looking at coding systems in emacs gives me hives. If anyone
> else has something useful to contribute (patches, in particular)
> please speak up now.

It just works.  ;)

bbdb-file-coding-system's value is iso-2022-7bit

My .bbdb file starts with:

;; -*-coding: iso-2022-7bit;-*-

I have Japanese names in my BBDB.

I recommend to set bbdb-file-coding-system, manually set the cookie,
and manually convert the file (using C-x C-m c iso-2022-7bit RET C-x
C-w RET RET or something like that), until the setup matches mine.

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law: