On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>     >> (bbdb-search-simple nil who)
>
>     Ronan> It does actually use this function, if you trace down the chain of
>     Ronan> calls. However, I can't actually see offhand why it'd fail a
>     Ronan> case-insensitive search. Can you set a debug breakpoint at
>     Ronan> bbdb-search-simple (it's in bbdb.el) and give me a stack trace on a
>     Ronan> failing address?
>
> Hm, I think Ted is more qualified for doing this, Ted do you mind?

I tried to duplicate your bug but could not.2

I added "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" to a BBDB entry.

Then I called M-: (bbdb-search-simple nil "[EMAIL PROTECTED]") and
it brought up the correct entry.

I repeated with "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the BBDB and again the
search for [EMAIL PROTECTED] worked.

This seems to be what you are reporting, so maybe you have something
set up differently.  First of all, is my test correct?  Second, are
you running the latest BBDB?  Third, does the test fail for you?

Thanks
Ted