Hi
    Ted> I think I see the problem!

    Ted> Can you set spam-cache-lookups to nil?

Right, this solves the problem  with the capitalised addresses.  (I so
annoyed  by  this behaviour that  I  was tempted to   play around with
whitelists for the moment being; no need anymore.)

If this problem cannot be settled quickly maybe it would be best to
set this variable to nil per default.

On my LAN connection there  seems to be  no difference in speed,  with
this   variable  set to nil.  (On  my  modem  connection the splitting
function is anyhow too slow to be useful).