On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>     Ted> I think I see the problem!
>
>     Ted> Can you set spam-cache-lookups to nil?
>
> Right, this solves the problem with the capitalised addresses.  (I so
> annoyed  by  this behaviour that  I  was tempted to   play around with
> whitelists for the moment being; no need anymore.)
>
> If this problem cannot be settled quickly maybe it would be best to
> set this variable to nil per default.
>
> On my LAN connection there seems to be no difference in speed, with
> this   variable  set to nil.  (On  my  modem  connection the splitting
> function is anyhow too slow to be useful).

You can leave it nil if you like, but a change I just checked in may
fix the lookups.  If you could test it that would be great...

The speed difference will depend on the size of your BBDB.  I agree
that it's likely to be small for individual checks, but speed is
important for spam checks, because the time difference is cumulative.
Be that as it may, I may have done premature optimization (the root of
all evil :)

Ted