On Sun, Dec 16 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> R> This is not BBDB specific in any way, see...
> R> | y-or-n-p is a built-in function in `C source code'.
>
> Actually at that point it is using bbdb-y-or-n-p, which acted
> differently for the second question too.

I doubt that `bbdb-y-or-n-p' acts differently compared to `y-or-n-p'
in Emacs, since (fboundp 'yes-or-no-p-dialog-box) is always nil in
Emacs...

;;; internal kludge to force queries to always happen with the mouse rather
;;; than basing the decision on the last-input-event; bind this, don't set it.
(defvar bbdb-force-dialog-boxes nil)

(defun bbdb-y-or-n-p (prompt)
  (prog1
      (funcall
       (cond ((and bbdb-force-dialog-boxes
                   (fboundp 'yes-or-no-p-dialog-box))
              (when (and (fboundp 'raise-frame)
                         (not (frame-visible-p (selected-frame))))
                (raise-frame (selected-frame)))
              'yes-or-no-p-dialog-box)
             (t 'y-or-n-p))
       prompt)
    (message " ")))

Thus, in Emacs, this is simply...
(defun bbdb-y-or-n-p (prompt)
  (prog1
      (y-or-n-p prompt)
    (message " ")))

> Anyways, it is stuffing the ballot box because the user will just be
> hitting the spacebar over and over reading his mails, with eyes
> nowhere near the minibuffer to realize he just signed on the dotted
> line...

If you don't like SPC for y-or-n-p, remove the binding from
`query-replace-map' as suggested in the previous posting.

(Disclaimer: I'm only a BBDB user.  The BBDB developers might have a
different opinion.)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,