"Aaron Kaplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [...] PalmOS address and phone number fields have labels chosen
> from a fixed set that can't be changed by the user.
>
> However, in addition to the address and phone number fields, the Palm
> address book has four renameable fields, initially called Custom-1
> through Custom-4.  SyncBBDB syncs these to BBDB as notes fields, using
> the names from the Palm.  SyncBBDB creates its own field in each BBDB
> record, and among other information, this field records the mapping
> between BBDB notes fields and Palm custom fields.
>
> I don't know anything
> about syncing with Nokias--maybe someone else can help you.
>
> SyncBBDB only handles Palms.  I can't say anything about other sync
> programs.

Thanks for your explanations.  When I buy a Palm, I'll ask here for help about
how to do the synchronization.

(Meanwhile, another question: when I compile an address or telephone field,
 bbdb does not allow to insert a space, unless I put it in ~/.bbdb.  How to
 work this out?  E.g.: I can't write `Vodafone phone' but `Vodafone-phone'.)

Cheers, bye
Rodolfo