Leo <sdl....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically I want BBDB to have a standard external format that many
> other programs can use. Nowadays keeping contacts in Emacs is
> secondary to keeping it in one's mobile phone.

  Not everybody agrees with this necessarily. I'm using BBDB much more
often on my computers than anywhere else and I'm happy to update them
manually from time to time on other devices. However, I wouldn't mind a
change in the underlying format either. BBDB is lisp so you can tweak it
to do whatever you want, regardless of the underlying db storage format.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com