> * Roland Winkler <jvax...@tah.bet> [2011-11-20 17:52:40 -0600]:
>
> The new command bbdb-undocumented-variables might help you to
> identify outdated variables. This displays a list of all
> undocumented variables in the "bbdb-" name space.

this is a good start!
still, this does not give me any information about the replacements for
the obsolete variables.
as I said before, TRT is to use define-obsolete-function-alias &
define-obsolete-variable-alias

> All variables in BBDB 3 now have a doc string. So if you set
> variables in your init file that are not used anymore by BBDB (so
> that they are not documented anymore either), these variables will
> be displayed by bbdb-undocumented-variables. (Unfortunately, this
> fails for outdated BBDB variables that are set via your personal
> `custom-file'. Let me know if you know a better solution for this.)

just use apropos-internal and iterate over the symbols it returns,
looking for those with 'custom properties set but no doc string.

however, this is _not_ the right approach (see above)

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://honestreporting.com http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tap12009/