> Barak, do I remember right that you also installed the old BBDB
> code form sourceforge as a branch of the git repo on savannah?
> My knowledge about git is still somewhat limited. How can this old
> code be accessed on savannah?

There is a branch on the savannah repo called v2.x which holds the old
sf CVS 2.x development.  The 3.x development happens on top of this,
but the first thing that happens there is wholesale deletion of most
everything.

There is a clone you can access in your local repo via

  git remote add github git://github.com/barak/bbdb3
  git fetch github

which, in addition to the above, also has side-branches with (a) the
debian packaging info for v2.x called debian-v2.x; (b) working (albeit
not yet uploaded to debian) packaging info for v3.x, called
debian-v3.x; and (c) various fixes and tweaks that were applied to the
debian version of v2.x, called suggest-v2.x.  It also might have some
random tags.

                                        --Barak.
--
Barak A. Pearlmutter
 Hamilton Institute & Dept Comp Sci, NUI Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland