Hi, I have bbdb 3.02 set up to update records interactively in Gnus v5.13.

For most of my 'mail-sources', GROUPS and TOPICS this is good as I like
to collect email addresses.

But for high-volume lists like emacs-devel, I'd rather not bother.  Is
there a way to turn off bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p based on a
specific GNUS GROUP or GNUS Topic(s) using regex(s) like
bbdb-auto-notes-rules?

Here are my relevant settings:

(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
(bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus 'message)
(set `bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p '(query . create))
(set `gnus-article-prepare-hook '(bbdb-mua-display-sender bbdb-mua-auto-update))
(set `bbdb-update-records-p '(search))

Also, when it updates, I get the menu at the bottom of this message,
which says 'q' would turn off updating.  But it only works for that
particular message and it would be nice to turn if off for the rest of
the Gnus session or for the rest of the messages in the current group.

Thanks for any assistance.  I know BBDB 3.02 is in development, so I'm
fine with the current functionality if there is no solution to this
problem yet.

Thanks,

Damon

"Your answer controls how BBDB updates/searches for records.

Type ?  for this help.
Type y  to add the current record.
Type !  to add all remaining records.
Type n  to skip the current record. (You might also type space)
Type s  to switch from annotate to search mode.
Type q  to quit updating records.  No more search or annotation is done.")