On Sun, May 13, 2012 1:01 pm, Sriram ET. wrote:
> I am happy to announce release v0.2.0 of ASynK. You can find documentation
> and links to source and pre-packaged bundles at the project page at:
> http://karra-asynk.appspot.com/

Thanks a lot for this gem, Sriram.

I'd like to ask whether you could expand it to enable me to think contacts
between BBDB and an Android phone database.

One might think, the Google contacts functionality takes care of that,
however my user case is slightly different. Basically, I run Android on
the phone, but want to block out Google functionality for certain parts,
specifically, I DON'T want Google to have access to my contacts.

So I only have the contacts locally on the phone and don't sync with Google.

Haven't explored what format the Android contact database is. Would it be
possible to extent ASynK to sync directly between BBDB and the phone's DB?
If not, I assume I could export and import from the phone's DB to a vcard
format, could you then expand ASynK to sync a vcard folder with BBDB?

Thank you very much for your work.
--
JJ