Thank you JJ,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM, JJ <
bbdb-info_lists.sourceforge....@sumou.com> wrote:

> Haven't explored what format the Android contact database is. Would it be
> possible to extent ASynK to sync directly between BBDB and the phone's DB?

Hm, I see where you are coming from. The framework is in place to add any
number of database connectors and reuse the sync engine. A few python
interfaces need to be implemented. That said, it appear to that writing
directly to the phone contacts DB is an extremely niche use case, and I'd
do it only if I felt the urge to really understand how the Android database
format worked. It's not in my flow, and it would be a pain for me to keep
testing it. I am happy to accept patches, though, if you would like to have
support and can keep it working.

> If not, I assume I could export and import from the phone's DB to a vcard
> format, could you then expand ASynK to sync a vcard folder with BBDB?

This, on the other hand, is potentially of greater general interest, and
should be easier in principle. I could add this to the to be implemented
feature list after I explore the details of vcard a bit more, and I get
some more user feedback about the current code quality.

Cheers,