When I receive a "confirmation message" from "no-re...@foo.com",
I create a record and copy into its notes the url and all the relevant
information about the service I just registered for.
Since bbdb creates a record with first name "no-reply" and last name "",
report that I have a dozen duplicates for "webmaster", "no-reply",
"bugzilla-daemon" &c &c.
I don't think it makes much sense to add first name/last name to such
records.
It seems that treating the e-mail names just like AKAs is better.
I.e., right now a record is assumed to already have name X if X matches
either bbdb-record-name or one of bbdb-record-aka.

Proposal: additionally, assume a record to already have name X if X
matches one of

(defun address-name (address)
  (if (string-match "@" address)
      (substring address 0 (match-beginning 0))
      address))

(mapcar #'address-name (bbdb-record-mail record))

Thanks.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://camera.org http://openvotingconsortium.org