> * Ben Sturmfels <o...@fghzoyrf.vq.nh> [2012-10-17 20:18:11 +1100]:
>
> The general approach to pin down any bug is to just progressively strip
> away everything that's not related. What's left is the reproducible recipe.

I am fully aware of this brute force approach; I have used it myself
many times and I have instructed others in it use many more times. :-)
Alas, it requires a lot of work.
It is _way_ easier for Roland to do what he did, i.e., tell me an easy
way to reproduce the problem, since he knows the inner workings of bbdb
and can tell off the top of his head which functionality is responsible.

Now, if only he kept on and told me which function produces the bbdb
record(s) which match "Sam"...

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://iris.org.il http://think-israel.org