> * Roland Winkler <jvax...@tah.bet> [2012-10-18 06:51:15 -0500]:
>
> On Wed Oct 17 2012 Sam Steingold wrote:
>> > I don't know your personal extensions of BBDB.
>> I have none.
>
> For almost all user variables from BBDB's MUA interface their values
> may be user-defined functions. You actually requested quite a few of
> these variables. Certainly, these functions can give rise to the
> behavior you observe.
>
> Roland

bbdb-add-mails
==> sds-bbdb-add-mails
bbdb-add-name
==> sds-bbdb-add-name

(defun sds-bbdb-add-name (rec name)
  "Decide whether to change the record name."
  (let ((n1 (bbdb-record-firstname rec))
        (nl (bbdb-record-lastname rec)))
    (cond ((and (null n1) (null nl)) t)
          ((or (string= n1 name) (string= nl name)) nil)
          (t 'query))))
(defun sds-bbdb-add-mails (rec mail)
  "Decide whether to add mail to the record."
  (let ((old (bbdb-record-note rec 'old-net)))
    (if (and old (member mail (split-string old ", *" t)))
        nil t)))

what other variables could be relevant?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000