I'm using dev versions of gnus and bbdb. When looking through a gnus
group, bbdb pops up its window at the bottom of the frame, ie I have
*Summary*, *Article*, and *BBDB* in three layers, one on top of the
other. I just realized this makes little sense: most of the articles I
read are line-wrapped, and *BBDB* usually isn't very wide either, so it
would make much more sense to have *Summary* on top, then below that
*Article* on the left and *BBDB* on the right.

Right now, setting bbdb-mua-pop-up to 'horiz splits the *Summary* buffer
horizontally, not the *Article* buffer! Perhaps because point is in the
*Summary* buffer when *BBDB* is popped? My *Summary* buffer takes up
much less of the frame than *Article*, so I would have thought
`bbdb-pop-up-window' would have identified that as the proper candidate
for splitting.

Anyhow, I see that `bbdb-pop-up-window' doesn't do anything mua-specific
(but looking at the mailing-list that appears to have been intentional).
Is there anything I can do to get this working? It would be great to
have this work on message-mode composition buffers as well..