On Wed Apr 17 2013 Vincent Beffara wrote:
> Finally flet is deprecated, and the suggested replacement cl-flet
> does lexical rather than dynamical meaning that it cannot do what
> I want.

For the "public code" of BBDB I have avoided cl completely.
But for your personal customization that's fine as long as you
understand what you do. And this should remain fine for many more
years, as cl has been around for so long.

Your code looks fine to me, too (as a personal customization of
gnus!). An alternative strategy would be to use the %u format
specifier for this. But I do not know enough about gnus internal to
see how involved that would be.

Roland