On Mon Apr 28 2014 Barak A. Pearlmutter wrote:
> PS bbdb-fix-record updates the timestamp even if it hasn't changed
> anything else.

Barak, I post this on the list for everyone.

There are two issues here:

- Quite generally, BBDB could be smarter about making changes to
  bbdb-file.  If an editing command really did not change anything,
  BBDB should not do anything with bbdb-file.

  (Still one might want to have a way where a null change of a record
  nonetheless triggers a call of bbdb-change-hook, similar to

  $ touch file

- When should bbdb-change-hook be called?  For example, it's a
  left-over from BBDB 2 that inside calls of bbdb-notice-mail-hook
  and bbdb-notice-record-hook, bbdb-change-hook is not called.  I do
  not know why this was set up that way.  It appears random to me.

  Thoughts or comments?  Does anyone on this list know the history
  about the notice hooks?